Violence and violations against gay and
Kampala — Ugandan authorities should thoroughly investigate the fatal attack on October 4, on an activist for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender LGBT people, Human Rights Watch said today. This uncertainty, Human Rights Watch research indicates, seemed to have encouraged private individuals to attack LGBT people with impunity, while health providers frequently discriminate against them on the grounds of sexual orientation.
By denying transgender individuals appropriate identity documents, the State withholds from them the status of legal personhood. Several interviewees told Human Rights Watch that health care professionals subjected them to homophobic remarks and discriminatory treatment, particularly in government hospitals.
Download Full Shadow Report Spanish.
Hardcore gay tube with hottest gay bareback XXX videos
- Malawi has ratified several regional and international human rights treaties that oblige the state to ensure that LGBT people enjoy human rights on an equal basis as everyone else and are protected against discrimination. They told me to come back the next day.
- Human Rights Watch also interviewed three representatives of human rights organizations based in Ghana, a CHRAJ complaints officer, the assistant police commissioner, and three diplomats in Accra.
- While sexual orientation and gender identity are not enumerated as prohibited grounds for discrimination in the constitution, United Nations treaty bodies have stated that non-discrimination references to sex must be understood to include sexual orientation.
- LGBT people in Guatemala are denied the right to a fair trial. I went to the police station to look for him and when I arrived, three police officers took me into a small office inside the police station to question me.
- Several transgender individuals told Human Rights Watch that the combination of criminalization of adult consensual same-sex conduct and social stigma has had an insidious effect on their individual self-expression, forcing them to adopt self-censoring behavior because any suspicion of non-conformity may lead to violence or arrest.
While transgender individuals are more vulnerable to arbitrary arrests and detention because of their gender identity or presentation, lesbians and gay men are also exposed. Related Content October 26, News Release.
Furthermore, the Human Rights Commission in accordance with its mandate should establish a mechanism for receiving, processing and investigating complaints and support strategic litigation efforts aimed at ending discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
His body had been dumped on a dark, rural road less than 2 miles from his home.