Gay Providence Travel Guide Hotels, Bars, Events
That spirit is still alive today in this bustling, dynamic city. Providence is generally less stuffy than other historic New England towns and, unlike Boston, where they have been shuttered, it is home to several bathhouses and strip clubs.
From Our Twitter Feed. Bicycling is also a popular means of transport and rentals are available nearby.
Meet Bears Through the Gay Chat and Dating App GROWLr
- Just an hour from Boston and three hours from New York City, Providence is a capital that is easy to get to and easy to get around in. It's one of the best downtown bars for cruising, with nightly themes that suggest a fun, sexually-charged vibe: "Promiscuous Mondays" and cruise-and-jockstrap parties on Fridays, for instance.
- Autumn in New England. East Side Timeline.
- Tripsavvy's Editorial Guidelines.
- See more Providence Events.
- After you've seen the sights, take a dip and cool off at Bennett Pond.
- Alternatively, you can fly into Boston's busy Logan International, an hour north of Providence, and take the train, bus, or rental car down to Providence. View All Blog Posts in Provincetown.
- Continue with Facebook Log In with Foursquare or. Enjoy delicious seafood and a great vibe!
- Snow and sleet are common in winter, as can be humid and sultry days in summer, making fall and spring better times to visit.
One big draw to Providence is the outstanding restaurants. This traditional southern Italian Neapolitan restaurant is stunningly beautiful. Gay Travel Blogger. Its annual pride parade is different from most in that it takes place at night.