App that encourages gay people to seek controversial conversion therapy
All Democratic presidential candidates back taxpayer-funded abortions. That is certainly commendable on Low's part, and he deserves our utmost appreciation. This is mandatory for all public schools, grades K The American Psychological Association has found that efforts to change sexual orientation can pose critical health risks including, but not limited to, depression, substance abuse, social withdrawal, decreased self-esteem and suicidal thoughts.
The other is called The Miseducation of Cameron Post , telling the story of "a year-old Montana girl who is discovering her own homosexuality" and is subsequently sent to a "conversion camp. Such directed efforts are against fundamental principles of psychoanalytic treatment and often result in substantial psychological pain by reinforcing damaging internalized attitudes.
A website called Gaydar was the
- Based on this body of evidence, every major medical and mental health organization in the United States has issued a statement condemning the use of conversion therapy.
- Minors are especially vulnerable, and conversion therapy can lead to depression, anxiety, drug use, homelessness, and suicide.
- For those vulnerable people who are suicidal, it can be really dangerous.
- In April , national organizations representing millions of licensed medical and mental health care professionals, educators, and child welfare advocates declared their support for legislative protections against conversion therapy.
- The research on such efforts has disproven their efficacy, and also has indicated that they are affirmatively harmful.
Research on the Impacts of Reparative Therapy, Harms Caused by Societal Prejudice In , a task force of the American Psychological Association undertook a thorough review of the existing research on the efficacy of conversion therapy. Thank you for your support. It indicates a way to close an interaction, or dismiss a notification.
It brazenly compares homosexuality to an addiction. Specifically, transformational ministries are fueled by stigmatization of lesbians and gay men, which in turn produces the social climate that pressures some people to seek change in sexual orientation.
But while Apple reacted "swiftly" to kick the app from its store, Google has been dragging its feet, Truth Wins Out says.